Friday, May 18, 2012

A little celebrating








Yesterday my parents drove up for the day to participate in a small birthday celebration for Jacob and MaKenna.  MaKenna was pretty excited.  She is at the age where she "gets it" and is able to look forward to it.  I don't think she understands what a birthday is per se, but she knows it usually involves presents, cake and some good times.  I made a small (gluten free!) cake and they each picked out what they wanted on their side.  Pink sprinkles for Kenna, of course, and green/purple for Jacob.  After our little party, grandma and papa packed up Kenna and Parker to take back to GA with them for their special one-on-ones.  They will be busy doing all sorts of fun things and we will miss them while they are gone.  Soon, I will be the mom to an 8 year old and two weeks after that, my "baby" will be 3.  Where does the time go and why do they grow up so fast?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment