Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny once again



Still knitting away at my strawberry dress although the end is in sight!  I have about 1 or 2 more pattern repeats (I need to check it against my tall girly girl) and then I can start on the bodice.  I am still hopeful to have it completed this week, although it may be Sunday.  I am loving how it looks *except* my k2tog's are really obvious.  Hmm, does anyone know how to fix that???

I am also still reading Radical Homemakers.  It has been such an interesting and thought provoking read and I am now into the second half.  Peter and I have had some good discussions over many of the points in the book.  I definitely recommend it!

8 comments:

  1. i have the same problem with my k2tog's!! they always look kind of bulky...
    Radical Homemakers sounds like a book I would like, I'll check it out. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I can't help with the K2TOG's either, mine tend to show too. That looks like such a cute dress. Looking forward to seeing it when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe pull your k2tog tighter than your normal tension? Looks great! Keep at it1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so pretty! I love the little "strawberry seeds" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good to me! Maybe you are doing it a little tighter than the other stitches? If it's wool it will all block out in the end and you will be super happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have radical homemakers in my library basket :) I am looking forward to getting around to reading it!
    AS for the dress- it is really delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with swanski's comment and wish you all the best with this cute, cute dress!

    ~visiting from Ginny's :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that dress is really sweet, i don't think you'll notice the k2tog after blocking, how lucky to have a little girl to knit for!

    ReplyDelete