Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny once again



Currently on the needles right now, is a strawberry dress for MaKenna.  It was supposed to be for her birthday, but first I had a hard time finding the right yarn.  Once the yarn came in the mail, it had not been wound correctly so when I went to wind it, it ended up a big tangled mess! Then I was knitting on DPNs and the yarn kept slipping off no matter what I did which meant lots of dropped stitches.  I ended up ripping out about 4 hours worth of knitting and scrambled around town to find size 2 circulars.  So now, I am slowly working on it when I can and hoping it will be done by the end of next week.  Right now, I am a little over half-way done with the skirt (and I restarted it last Wednesday).  I decided to knit the dress size so she can use it for a couple of years (hopefully!).  I think it is going to be so cute once it is done!

As far as reading goes, I have finally picked up Radical Homemakers by Shannon Hayes.  I had seen it recommended over and over for the last year.  I think I was holding out to see if our library system would finally get it, but decided just to buy it myself.  It is a very interesting read so far and I can't wait to get to the section that discusses personal stories.  Becoming more self sustained is a goal of Peter and mine and I feel their testimonies will be great inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Radical Homemakers is one of my favourite books - I revisit it often. Have you read Animal Vegetable Miracle?

    Your knitting looks wonderful - isn't it annoying when the yarn is all slippy on dpns?

    ReplyDelete