Thursday, January 3, 2013

IMG_2586

IMG_2595

IMG_2640

IMG_2603

IMG_2604

IMG_2606

IMG_2612

IMG_2618

IMG_2626

Life around here has been slow!  Like so many others around us, our family was hit with the flu (again).  It started with Jacob, Christmas Eve no less.  So for the last week and a half, we have been taking life easy.  There have been lots of time spent cuddled under blankets on the couch, meals, games, stories read by the fire, warming foods and drinks, and lots of herbal supplements to help boost our immune systems.  Thankfully, the worst is behind us and all that is left is a pesky cough for the older two boys.  I am hoping that this will be the last bout of sickness for a good long while!

As everyone seems to be mostly well, we slowly eased back into home lessons after having the last month off.  I would be lying if I said it was a smooth transition!  Truth be told, it was a bit rough, especially for Jacob, but not as bad as the after-summer transition.  I am trying hard to reevaluate what our day looks like for the next 5 months that are left for this learning year.  I am spending so much of my morning time with the boys, I feel Kenna is getting lost in the shuffle.  So there may be some tweaking that is needed for our rhythm.  I am also considering taking a more unschooly approach...teaching 3 seperate main lessons is wearing a bit on my sanity!  We will see where this all leads us!  As for now, we are finishing up our studies on Ancient Egypt with Blake, the King of Ireland's Son with Jacob and wrapping up our Fairy Tale/Letter block with Parker (who is so enthusiastic about learning, it melts my heart).

And now, it is 2013!  And we rang in the New Year with a family game night, marshmallows roasted in the fire and a burning of wishes for the upcoming year.  I have never been one for resolutions...I like to think of them more as goals.  One of my goals being to make more time for myself including knitting something for me!  It is so easy for us mama's to get lost in the rearing of our children, but time away, filling our own cup is so so important.  Our children deserve a happy mama!

Wishing everyone a healthy and happy New Year full of many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment