Thursday, January 24, 2013

Little Knits

IMG_2767

IMG_2768

IMG_2769

IMG_2782

IMG_2787

Just thought I would share a few of the small projects that have recently come off the needles.  One of my very dearest and closest friends is due with her 5th soon.  They are keeping the gender a surprise until the birth so I chose a yarn color that was fairly neutral.  The vest is knit up using Knit Picks Swish DK in heather dove (super soft, durable and a superwash!)  I loved, loved, loved knitting this cute little vest up and I cannot wait to see it on Little Chicken Fingers (the wee babe's knickname).  The booties were knit up using Knit Picks Stroll Tonal (fingering weight and also a superwash).  This yarn was great to use and the colorway is gorgeous.  This was also a fun and fast knit!   I still have quite a bit left so I am thinking a pair of socks for mama are in order :-)

The mittens were something I knit for Kenna several months ago, but just got around to taking a picture of.  This pattern called for knitting the mittens a bit differently than what I was used to in the past.  There is a distinct left/right hand due to thumb placement which works if I help Kenna get them on, but not so great if she is trying to do them herself.  That being said, I would definitely use this pattern again as I love the look of them!  

And the little pouch was something I knit for Jacob for Christmas.  The boys are always setting aside bits and pieces...little rocks, gems, coins, favorite lego pieces, and I thought this would be a great way to help keep some of it under control :-)  The yarn is Lamb's Pride worsted in Blue Skyways.

I am still working on Jacob's sweater...a cuff and a sleeve to go!  I haven't had much motivation to finish it- maybe because this is the third time knitting the pattern or perhaps because until very recently it has been rather warm and he wasn't really needing a wool sweater.  BUT the cold weather is here AND it is very close to February which means, winter is drawing to a close here in the south.  So if I want him to even get any wear out of it this season, I really need to finish!!!

Tomorrow's weather is calling for a wintry mix- there will be a fire in the fire place, tea in my mug and knitting in hand! 

4 comments:

  1. I love it all, Tanya! I have used that exact gray yarn in swish too- I also love it. It's very soft. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised as to how soft it is! I will definitely use more of it in the future :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm visiting your blog via Sure as the World. Just wanted to say I love your Pebble vest! And the ribbed mittens are so cute. I have the pattern from Taproot, but haven't tried them yet. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Mrs. Mallard and welcome! Thank you for the sweet compliments. You should definitely try the mittens. I am going to make more next year (thinking matching for entire family!).

      Delete