Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Little Gift Making

IMG_2334


IMG_2333


IMG_2332

 The fall decorations are boxed up until next year, Christmas music is playing in the background, the tea kettle is in constant use throughout the day and gifts are cast on AND off the needles-December is here! While fall is typically my favorite time of year, there is something about winter and all the busyness of gift making and the anticipation and magic that comes with this wonderful holiday season. It seems as the years go by, we are incorporating more traditions into our family and handmade gifts is one that we treasure. The kids are just as busy planning and creating and already have a few gifts complete with more in the making! 

The first of the gifts already made and gifted were for my niece and nephew in New York. My niece takes ballet and jazz classes and what could be more perfect than a nice cozy pair of legwarmers for those chilly, northern winter days. The yarn is a superwash wool, in pink of course and the pattern I used was in a Living Crafts issue. They knit up pretty quickly and I made them long so that she could get several years out of them! I was hoping to get a picture of her wearing them (and hopefully my SIL will email me one!). I can say they looked rather nice on Parker :-) Peter and I collaborated on the gift for my nephew. I knit up a chainmaille hood and Peter made a knights shield and sword. As you can see, I now need to knit up more hoods for the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment