Friday, November 16, 2012







On the long to-knit list this fall was a new hat and mittens for Parker and MaKenna.  The colors will come as no surprise to those that know my babies- green (specifically "spring green") and pink are their favorite colors and anything knit in them will be well received.  The yarn for both is Quince & Co. and details can be found on my Ravelry page.  This has been my go-to yarn as of late...so soft and durable, perfect for children's wear.  Right now, I am working on Kenna's first mitten and hope to have both done by the middle of the week.  Lucky for us, here in the south, mitten weather usually doesn't appear until after the holidays.  Although, they are predicting a colder than normal winter, so who knows!

And I can't believe it is mid November already.  Just the other day I was thinking that Thanksgiving was in two weeks.  When I realized it was in fact in only week, a small panic rushed over me!  Christmas/Solstice/Hanukkah is just around the corner and that means I really need to start moving on the gift list!  I am scaling it back a bit this year.  In part to ease some stress from that time of year and in part as the kids don't need much.  In preparation for our trip up to NY after Thanksgiving, we will be starting the first round of gifts this weekend! Oh, I do love all the craftiness associated with this time of year!

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment