Monday, October 8, 2012









 I am happy to say that we all are on the road to good health!  Two weeks of illness however added quite a bit to the to-do list and now we are playing catch up.  I told Peter last night, as I was planning lessons for the week, that it almost felt as if we were having the first day of school, again.  I was hoping it wouldn't be as painful as our first day actually was.  Turns out it wasn't.  Despite not being able to start our morning on a walk as we usually do (it was drizzly and cold!), we still managed to jump right back into lessons.

While I was recooping last week, I did manage to finish knitting up Blake's purple sock and the soaker for my friend's baby.  I have yarn on the way to knit up two hats and two pairs of mittens for the littlest two and Jacob's sweater.  I think I will finish those first before I knit up that second sock.  We will see.  Blake still wears just the one, what a goof.  But he likes it and I know the other kids will like theirs as well.  Perhaps they will make it under the tree for Solstice this year?

Oh, and our "september" sunflowers have bloomed!  Now I am curious to see if we really will get our first frost two weeks from now.  There is a small part of me that doesn't believe it, especially since Friday our temps were in the 80s, but it was chilly this morning so who knows!  They are really pretty though!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray, so glad you're better! Did we have the same illness I wonder? Huh.
    Good luck catching up! Love, Mel

    ReplyDelete