About a month or so ago, I purchased this fabric, thanks to my friend Melanie, with Parker in mind. I knew he would love the green and the jars of bugs are so him. The print was bought on sale and the solid green is an organic cotton. I think the total cost for the pair of shorts was around $4 or $5. Not too bad, huh! I didn't follow any particular pattern which is huge for me. I tend to like patterns otherwise I feel overwhelmed with the process. But shorts and pants are fairly simple in construction so I just traced around an existing well fitting pair of shorts and added in the hem allowances. They turned out pretty perfect with room to grow as well. And so far they are holding up well to rough and tumble boy play.