Friday, March 2, 2012

A Decade of Living


This past Monday, we celebrated Blake's tenth birthday.  Ten! A decade of living, a decade of mothering.  I think I am still in a bit of shock over that.  Double digits seems so big, but still so little.  And it went by in a blink of an eye.

I never could imagine being so blessed by such a little (and by little I mean young b/c we all know he isn't "little"!) person.  I still remember quite vividly, while I was still pregnant, my friend saying to me "you have never felt love like the love you feel for your child".  Of course never having kids, I didn't understand where she was coming from.  That is until I held this little boy in my arms and it truly was love at first sight.


 I have been so blessed beyond words to be able to watch him grow.  To live every day with him.  To be amazed at how far he has come as a person.  To see him continue to grow and be able to be a part of the journey with him.


 He has grown into such a kind, loving, generous, considerate, smart, funny, athletic, artistic boy.  He has the heart of gold and has no problems playing dollies or tea party with his baby sister one minute and then running off to play street football the next.

We love you so very much.  Happiest of Birthdays to you, my sweet son!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Blake! It is hard to believe that he was the same age as my littlest when we met.....and that my eldest was younger than your littlest.....

    ReplyDelete