Saturday, March 17, 2012

Moments from the Week






It was a good week!  Spring has unofficially arrived and we spent most of our time outside, as we always do this time of year before the sweltering heat of summer arrives.   "Mama, I want to swing" was a phrase I heard multiple times everyday.  My girl loves to swing.  The higher the better and so we headed out back and I would push her over and over and over.  I would give her one big push that would send her almost soaring out of her seat.  She would get a huge smile on her face, her eyes lit up, sometimes a giggle would emerge.  For her, swinging is the greatest thing there is.  And for those moments, I am brought back to childhood where there are no stresses of adult life.  Children are great like that.

This weekend promises to be a nice low key family weekend.  No outside obligations and more warm weather.  We have already started a little gardening- prepping the side bed for our wildflower/sunflower garden and I planted some pole beans along our fence (hoping we get enough sunlight for them to do well).  The kids strawberry seedlings are doing really well and we will need to get those into bigger pots soon.  I am hopeful they will provide some berries this year.

Wishing everyone a lovely spring weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment