Friday, March 30, 2012

Moments from the week












A week of weaving the sun, making up songs for the recorder (followed by playing those songs over and over and over), playing in the warm spring (summer?) sun, feeling, even if only for a moment, what it must be like to fly, laughing at our curious kitty who now LOVES the outside (and follows the kids everywhere!), and playing at a favorite creek with friends.

There has been lots of growing up going on around here as of late.  It seems as if this time of year will be filled with changes in development for my little girl.  I was thinking back to this time last year and how at the age of 21 months she weaned, dropped naps altogether and self-initiated potty learning within a matter of days!  Now, here we are and at the age of 33 months, she has been keeping dry the whole night, started sleeping the whole night in her own bed (with a brother of course), and is all around more independent (dressing herself completely, getting on and off the potty unassisted, etc).  We celebrate these milestones with her, however bittersweet they may be.  Soon, my "baby" will be three and while I enjoy being a part of her growing up, as I have with all my kids, I am also going to miss these "baby" days.

Tomorrow, we are off to the zoo to participate in a MS Society fundraiser.  As long as the rain holds out, we should have a really great time!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, sweet and fun. Looks like a very good spring week! I was thinking of doing a similar weaving with my girls.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weaving is so beautiful.....we had a great time at the creek with you all! <3

    ReplyDelete