Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter Weekend

We were lucky enough to have a visit from Uncle Spencer and Aunt Kristen last Saturday. And since it was the day before Easter, they got to help us dye the eggs. I tend to go a little crazy with the dyes...I think I had 12 different colors?! But that makes for a beautiful assortment, don't you think?















Easter morning, the kids were up early and ready to go! They had all checked out their baskets before we even made it down the stairs, but were patient enough to wait (for the most part) to dig into what little candy they had. This year, they each received a little seed flower kit, bubbles, a felted gnome (made by mama), a book, a chocolate bunny, a chocolate peanut butter egg and some natural jelly beans. It was just the right amount of sugar ;-) The Easter bunny also did a great job hiding the eggs in the house this year. We colored 3 dozen and only lost 2. I ended up finding one of the missing eggs a few days later. I am hoping one of the dogs ate the other one.

















It turned out to be a beautiful day and we spent most of it outside. We ended the day with a delicious daddy-made dinner. Jacob told me "this was the best Easter he could ever hope for" and I agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment