Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday, Monday

I suppose like most people, I do not particularily enjoy Monday's. It seems most Monday's tend to start a bit rough, trying to get back into our weekly rhythm after a weekend of loose structure. Today, I was determined to change that! We used to start our mornings (after breakfast and chores) with a walk around neighborhood and somewhere along the line, probably with the colder weather, those walks ceased. However, we have been having some unseasonably warmer weather and this Monday morning, the sun was beckoning us to come outside and join the birds. I find that no matter how grumpy one or all of us are, our moods are lightened after being outside.


buds on our Maple tree-spring is almost here!
The walk was wonderful! The morning air was warm and the birds were singing and warming our hearts. Everyone was smiling and all of the grumpies were washed away. We now could begin our schooling time on a good note! Jacob was able to finish his consonant block today while Blake worked on a bit of math and some Old Testament composition. But we just couldn't stay indoors for very long...
big brothers make great wagon pullers

There were lots of wagon rides, bike races, scootering, tree climbing, and bird watching.



After lunch and quiet time, we headed back outdoors. The wind picked up quite a bit, but that didn't stop us from enjoying our time outside. The sidewalk chalk made its appearance again and now the driveway is covered in beautiful art.


Generally after spending a lot of time outside, the boys need to balance that energy with some downtime. So the rest of the early evening was spent playing cards and games. The games have been packed up since our move as I haven't found quite the right spot for them yet in this house. But the time away allowed for a new found interest that kept them happily playing while I prepared dinner. Follow up dinner with bedtime routines, some laughs and some reading and that was our day!
On another note, MaKenna is continuing to amaze me in her growth. She is becoming quite the little person and somedays I can hardly believe how big she is! Why just two days ago she was saying "dada" and "mama" and yesterday we became daddy and mommy. She loves, loves, loves to sing and while I don't always know what she is singing, it is beautiful none the less. She is a perfect mixture of rough and tumble and sweetness-tackling her brothers one minute in a playful wrestling match and then kissing her baby and rocking it the next! After having three boys, I wasn't quite sure what to expect with a girl. And maybe I still don't. She is afterall her own being. I am soaking it all in for sure and I would be lying if I didn't say there are days I long for that little, cuddly newborn, but she is oh so much fun!

my own little kitty
I couldn't help taking these next pictures. Jacob was in the middle of telling me how "Blake was being unfair" and I think these photos sum up the intensity that is Jacob. He has a true choleric temperament...all fiery and passionate. When he is happy, he is really happy, and when he is mad...well, you get the picture. He also suffers from middle child syndrome (and I can relate being a middle child myself). A lot of things are unfair according to him, but in the end, I think he just wants his voice to be heard (and is it ever!). Jacob knows how to push my buttons like no other, but he is also one of the funniest little dudes and has a laugh that is infectious. Life is definitely more interesting because of him!






No comments:

Post a Comment