Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nine years around the sun (eeek!)

How is that I am already the mother of a 9 year old!!! We spent a long weekend celebrating the life of Blake and what a wonderful (and busy) time it was! Grandma and Papa came up for the weekend to join us in our celebration and then Monday was a party with friends. Blake declared this birthday the best one ever (yea!). I get a little teary eyed thinking about my first born growing up so quickly. It seems that all too soon, he will be making a life of his own out in the world. I am just not ready for that!


the birthday table
checking out some gifts with daddy (specifically, an ipod!)

Papa helping him with his leather pocket knife case

Elizabeth's new clothes- mama knitted her a new sweater and made her a new dress, my first attempt at sewing clothing

silly boys at dinner


the birthday boy!

making a wish


present time- his friends were so thoughtful and gifted Blake with wonderful gifts
I can't even begin to articulate how proud I am to be his mother. Nine years ago, he changed my life forever and helped me to find my place in this world. I was young and had NO idea what I was doing, but he made mothering easy. My sweet, loving, kind, generous, helpful, funny, smart, athletic, goofy son, I love you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment