Monday, April 9, 2007

Embarrasing moment

So, yes, I am that mother who has that kid. You know, the kid who waits to do all the really wild and embarrassing things only when there are other people around to see it. And that kid is Jacob.
It is Saturday evening and we are all enjoying the nice weather out back. It is getting close to dinner time and Peter decides to run to the store to pick some stuff up. I am standing in the doorway of the sliding glass doors (which lead to the back) trying to keep an eye on Parker and Blake. Jacob had been in the bathroom doing his business. Shortly after Peter walks out the door, I hear "Mommy, where is Daddy going?". I turn around to see a half naked boy standing in the front door...in plain view of our neighbors who just so happen to be in their front yard playing with their kids. I immediately tell Jacob to close the door when it happens. The "poop" grin appears and he is off. I run across the house and out the front door. Jacob runs out towards the sidewalk and begins to go up the street. At this point I catch a glimpse of neighbors laughing. Great. I was hoping they would have been too busy to notice. I am furious at Jacob and completely mortified at the same time. I am telling him to get back in the house and then he decides to run through the yard to the back. I cut back through the house and finally nab him in the back yard. And that is when I notice the poop smeared across his legs. Gross. He thought this was just hilarious and I am trying not to scream at him. He gets a good "talking to" as I am cleaning the poop off and getting him dressed again. Let me also say, this stuff never happens when Peter is around. So that is me. The mom with the kid that likes to run around the neighborhood half naked. Pray for me!

1 comment:

  1. that is absolutely HILARIOUS!!! wish I could've seen it!! well, maybe not the poop part, hahahaha

    ReplyDelete