Monday, April 23, 2007

Earth Day (afternoon)

We decided to take a hike at Halpatiokee Park. They have an awesome 3 mile hiking path that runs parallel to the St. Lucie River. The last time we went, we saw 3 tortoises, a frog, a lizard, two birds, a black snake, and an alligator (okay, only Peter "saw" the gator. There was no way I was going to get close enough to see, but there was definitely something large in the bushes!). Unfortunately, this trip, we only saw a few birds, a rabbit and lots of dogs! It was a great afternoon anyway. The boys have a blast and it lets them get all that boy energy out!



Daddy and Parker


Looking for gators
Crossing one bridge (out of four) on the path
Snack time at the midway point
Look at me!
Jacob's turn. Blake wouldn't let me take a picture of just Jacob...he had to be in it too!Making sure we are on the right path home.







2 comments:

  1. Impressive... Jacob knows how to read a map!?! Hee hee
    Looks like fun! I need to come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so looking forward to my boys being a little older so they can appreciate cool stuff like this! How fun.

    ReplyDelete