When the kids were away last week, I took advantage of the quiet to sew up a few things for the babies in the house. The kids had been asking me for quite some time to make their babies more clothes and to be honest, I was putting it off b/c sewing is still something I feel so inadequate about. But I am slowly trying to change that...slowly. Anyways, after doing some searching online, I found a simple enough tutorial here that would work for Molly, who happens to be 12". My first attempt at the peasant top resulted in one that had unfinished hems around the arms (which I could have hand sewn, but I don't really enjoy hand sewing) and was a bit tight/short. So I made a larger one with finished hems and it fits much better. Still not perfect, but good enough.
my apologies for the bad pictures...it has been cold, wet and dreary for the last several days!