Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I spoke too soon

So you know how I said MaKenna is a great sleeper? Well, it turns out that getting her to sleep is the tricky part. This girl needs to suck in order to fall asleep. Not really a problem except this causes her to eat too much and then we enter into a whole cycle of a gassy/fussy/crabby/miserable baby. This seems to happen a couple of times a day and I really don't know what to do for her (I have tried a paci and she won't take one...none of my kids did). Last night I was up with her for about 4 hours in the middle of the night. She finally cried intensly for about 2 minutes and then fell asleep as I was pacing the bedroom with her. She has been sleeping for 4 1/2 hours now. Like I said...she sleeps great once you get her to sleep. So any advice or am I just going to have to wait this out?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya. Eliot did the exact same thing and I believe it was around the same age. It only lasted a week or so, and then he was a great sleeper again. I've started using disposables at night so I don't have to change him since he's not a night time pooper (that seemed to wake him up). I just pull him into bed with us at the feeding (he's in a cosleeper) and he falls right back to sleep after nursing. Good luck. Maybe it's just a short faze. I watched a movie a few times while I was awake at night and sort of enjoyed the solitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no advice, but just wanted to say I FEEL for you!! And I think I've resigned myself that in dealing with any problem like this, you're right, it has to be waited out. UGH! Hope it resolves itself soon and you get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kristy... remember, it does get better- eventually! :)

    ReplyDelete