Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Time for Spring!

Part of Blake's Science project was to plant tomato seedlings. Since I am the only one in the family that actually likes tomatoes, we also planted some small carrots. This is our first attempt at veggies and we can't wait to see if they actually grow!
It seems spring has finally come and the boys were pretty anxious to get started on their seedlings. After a trip to Home Depot, we came back ready to start. They each picked out a neat little seedling cup: it contained a peet pot, seeds and a dirt pellet. All you do is add water and wait. Parker and Jacob picked out watermelon, Blake chose sunflowers, and I picked out birdhouse gourds. They have already started to sprout and hopefully it won't be to cold to get them in the ground soon.









Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Where did you put the tomato seedlings? I would love to do that, but have no where in my house where it would work- unless I used the kids play corner, which could be disastrous. And we can't plant in the ground here until after Mother's Day... Hmmmm... I need to think about this.

    ReplyDelete