Thursday, March 12, 2009

Creative Play outa hand!

I am a firm believer in pretty much letting my kids do what they like as long as it doesn't involve damage to themselves or things. However, with this pregnancy, my tolerance is very low and I am finding it a little difficult to let the boys have their fun without it ending in a very stressed momma. For example, over the weekend, the boys were pretty much outside the entire time. The weather was gorgeous and they decided to make mud puddles. Well, the mud puddles turned into a mud fight and soon they were all covered head to toe in mud. Not really a big deal except it was a little too cold to hose off in the yard, so they came inside. I put socks on them, gave them strict instructions to go straight up to their bathroom and NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. After sending Parker up, I came in only to find muddy hand prints on the wall and mud splattered EVERYWHERE. I mean everywhere...the toilet, all over the bathroom wall, the floor, inside the bathtub, on the shower curtain, under the toilet (still don't get that one). So what should have been a quick hose off became a long clean up for a very tired and grouchy momma. Mud play has now been postponed until it is warm enough outside for hosing off!

1 comment: