Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Musings about Parker

We have been working on signing for a couple of months and although he was doing the sign for milk, I wasn't completely sure he knew what it was for or thought it was just cool to do with his hand. That is until yesterday, when he signed for milk and then proceeded to walk over to the glider in his room (where we nurse). Yay! And then at lunch time, he signed for "eat" and then "more". I was so excited that he is starting to get this whole thing since all he ever says is "aahh, aahh".

Today while I was nursing Parker, Blake came into the room to ask if he could have some chocolate. So I asked him what chocolate he wanted. He told me the ones that looked like mountains and said those are kisses. Parker latched off and leaned up to give me a big kiss on the lips. How cute is that!

Parker has a slight obsession with apples and blueberries. When he sees them, he wants them NOW and will scream on the top of his lungs until the gets them. He likes to hold a whole apple and walk around, taking a bite whenever he feels like it. He could do this for an hour. And don't even think about trying to take it away. He has also been able to eat a whole container of blueberries at once. One day he ate so many blueberries, I swore even his poop smelled like a blueberry!

1 comment:

  1. That's great! The kiss story reminds me of when Cal was smaller and couldn't talk. I "snuck" a Hershey's kiss. He pointed and made noise and I acted like I didn't know what he wanted (I don't do that anymore!). He ran to get a book, found a picture of chocolate and brought it back to me! Needless to say, he got a Hershey's Kiss!

    ReplyDelete