Monday, February 15, 2010

Love is in the air

We had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I woke up to sweet kisses and whispers in the ear of "I love you mommy, you are the best mommy in the world, and Happy Valentine's Day" (not to mention that Kenna only woke up twice that night!!!). What a wonderful way to start the day!


Here Kenna is enjoying one of her gifts...a new playsilk, perfect for playing peek a boo!
The boys creating with their new window crayons
This is how I left the table for them to find in the morning. I had sewn up felt heart pouches and put a few pieces of candy inside. I also created secret valentines by writing a message on cardstock in a wax crayon. They were supposed to paint it to discover the message, but Daddy told them to color it (shows how much Daddy listens to Mommy, ahem). It turned out okay and they got the point. They drew lovely pictures for me on the back.

"recycled" heart crayons...I melted some broken, old crayons in heart molds. The boys LOVED these!
There were lots of exchanges of hugs and kisses throughout the day, special meals, and an evening topped off with some game playing. It was a great day and it also reminded me that these sorts of things should happen throughout the year, not just on holidays. The kids enjoyed it so much!




A bit of spring in the middle of winter! Parker helped Daddy pick these flowers out for me. They are soooo beautiful and you can't help but smile just looking at them!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment